Friday, August 27, 2010

The Best Chicken Salad
























The Best Chicken Salad



YUMMY!!!!!!





















I lost my original recipe, but made it again after many years for R.S. on 7-17-08. Thanks to my sister, Jane, who uses this recipe too and has been saving it all these years, we have a copy… I keep getting requests to share this recipe so here it is. Enjoy!






2-3 Cups cut up chicken (I use both sides of the chicken breast on one chicken from Walmart. (Their roasted chickens are usually bigger than in other stores and I prefer the roasted traditional flavor) If you cook the chicken fresh probably use three to 4 boneless chicken breast cooked and cut up. I've just gotten a bit lazy.



2 Cups celery cut up



1 Can crushed pineapple- regular size can ... the whole thing (Dole brand name is the best! My opinion..... don’t skimp on a few nickles)



3 Cups grapes cut in half (I prefer purple seedless. It takes time to cut all those little grapes so plan accordingly)



4-6 Cups pasta (We used to use elbow, but now I use Rotini, the curly spiral ones – I think it looks nicer) *** I sometimes add all the noodles I cook just to extend the size of the salad.






2 apples peeled and cored and cut into pieces



2-3 green onions (just the tops or green part)



1 small package slivered almonds



Could use 1 can sliced water chestnuts



(add fresh peaches or nectarines in season and cut up, these are totally optional)





After all has been cut up and prepared put in a large bowl (I use my big white Tupperware bowl) and then add the sauce. Mix well and enjoy. Or you can have the sauce mixture on the bottom with the pineapple and put everything on top and then mix... how ever is easier for you.






Sauce: mix together separately before and add to the rest all the other ingredients



1 Cup Mayonaise



1 Cup regular yogurt (another recipe used sour cream)I like the yogurt best.



1 teaspoon celery salt (don't substitute on this because this is the flavor we want)



¼ teaspoon paprika








3 comments:

  1. I like the Costco Chickens the best and they are cheaper then any other store!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your costco chicken carcass yesterday and thougt that was one massive roasted chicken and it made me want one! I may have to go to costco just to get a chicken! lol

    This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice
    This is good,please visit
    my blog,click,thanks
    http://wangdu781109.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete