Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Semi-Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

My daughter always tells me how much better her friends, moms, spaghetti sauce is better then my out of the can spaghetti sauce.  While on vacation with their family, I was able to taste it and I did agree.

I don't have a picture, will try to insert one next time, that is if I can get one before my family eats it all up!!

"The Girls" Spaghetti Sauce - Michele Potter
1 big can tomato sauce (28 oz)
1 smaller can diced tomatoes (16 0z)
1 can mushrooms,
3 celery stems,
1/2 lg onion
1/2 lg bell pepper
1 pk dry Italian dressing
1/2 pound cooked ground beef
Add everything to a big pot, bring to boil and then let simmer on low for 2-3 hours...


Another Variation that I made when I didn't have the above ingredients...
1 28 oz can tomato sauce
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/2 large onion
1 bell pepper
2 diced zucchini's
l pound cooked ground beef
1 packet of Italian Spaghetti Mix
I threw it in the crock pot and cooked it all day on low!!

Both are very yummy, not sure I will go back to spaghetti sauce out of a can or jar again!!!

1 comment: