Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Orange Julius

Orange Julius

8 oz Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
12-15 large ice cubes
2 cups of milk (more might be necessary)
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/2 cup Sugar

(This serves about 48 oz...)

In a blender, add all ingredients . Cover, and begin blending. If mixture is too think add a little bit of milk to thin out. You may have to stir occasionally to help your blender out.

Continue adding milk until you are able to completely blend all ingredients for at least 1 minute and it becomes smooth. (I have never measured the milk, that is why I am not positive on the amount.)

If it is not sweet enough you may want to add more sugar.


I have enjoyed this basic recipe since I was a child. And now my children beg for me to make it. To quote Jacob: "Mom, you make the bestest Orange Julius's EVER".

Once you have this basic recipe down, the flavor possibilities are endless. You can add bananas, raspberries, strawberries and so much more. I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment