Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup

2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 yellow onion
2 cups of chopped celery
2 cups of cut carrots or 1 bag of mini peeled carrots
10 cups chicken stalk (homemade, canned or chicken bullion)
1 small bag of frozen corn
1 package of Rotini Noodles
1 rotisserie chicken shredded, preferably from Costco
1 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper
*optional - 1/2 head of cabbage chopped up

In large pot, heat up olive oil. Saute onions and celery until onions are soft. Add chicken stalk and bring to a light boil on med/high heat. Add Carrots and boil for 10 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Add Rotini noodles and cook for recommended time on package. (If adding cabbage add at same time as noodles.) After noodles are cooked, add parsley, corn and shredded chicken and bring back to boil for a few minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and enjoy!!

In our family, we like to serve this Chicken Noodle Soup over Mashed Potato's. Sounds weird but it is really good!!

If you can't get a Costco rotisserie, I recommend Walmart rotisserie chicken. The other grocery stores chickens tend to be smaller and more expensive.

2 comments:

  1. gee... I could use a bowl of that wonderful comfort food tonight! And I love the mashed potatoes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'm so glad you posted this! I know I tried to get it from you before, but I think you sent it in an email w/an attachment w/all your recipes or something like that, but for whatever reason I wasn't able to open it. I tried to guess at how to fix it one time, but it didn't come out tasting anywhere near what yours tastes like and not nearly as good either!

    ReplyDelete