Monday, January 4, 2010

Carrot Cake


Carrot Cake ….. (My Wedding Cake)


Yup still my favorite recipe


1½ Cup oil


2 Cups sugar


4 eggs


2 Cups flour


2 teaspoons baking powder


2 teaspoons soda


1 teaspoon salt


2 teaspoons cinnamon


3 Cups finely grated carrots



½ to 1 Cup nuts (optional)


½ to 1 Cup raisins (optional)





Cream oil, sugar and eggs together


Add remaining ingredients and mix


Pour into a greased and floured 9X13 pan


Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes


Test for doneness with a toothpick





Cream Cheese Frosting


4 oz cream cheese


¼ Cup melted margarine or butter(1/2 stick)


1 teaspoon vanilla


Up to 1 # powdered sugar


(Note from Leslie: I usually add all the powder sugar and then add milk until I reach the consistency I like. Also be careful with the vanilla. Some vanilla is stronger then others.)





Mix cream cheese, margarine or butter and vanilla until blended and smooth and add no more than 1 pound of powdered sugar for a good spreading consistency and frost the cake

2 comments:

  1. This is one yummy Carrot cake!! Sooo much better then any box carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe. My mouth is watering just thinking of it!!

    ReplyDelete