Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sooo yummy, they are chewy and gooey. The shortening gives them a different texture than butter and I love it. A lot of people like the traditional butter, and I do too, but these are my family's favorites. Sorry, I didn't get a pic this time.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 375 ยบ

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar

In large bowl, mix above ingredients at medium speed until creamy.

2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs

Add vanilla and eggs and beat at low speed until mixed.

2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt

Gradually mix dry ingredients into creamy mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes until edges barely start to brown. (My oven is 6 min and 45 seconds. Yes, I actually do the seconds ;>) )

Cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing. They will look slightly undercooked when you take them out of the oven, but they continue cooking while they rest on the cookie sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment